SERVES 6 Persons
PREPARATION TIME 15 min
COOKING TIME 150 min
This Boneless lamb roast recipe is made simply using our iconic Ultra Pro oven dishes without the weight of heavy baking dishes. This roasted boneless lamb leg recipe is a succulent meal to enjoy all year round. Celebrating mouthwatering flavours and middle eastern spices to create a delightful meal for any dinner party. Seasoned with cumin, cinnamon and turmeric to create a warming aroma. Gather friends and family to enjoy this roast lamb and vegetable dish. This roast lamb with vegetables pairs nicely with your favourite bottle of red wine.
- 2x 1.1kg lamb boneless leg roast or 1.7-2kg easy carve lamb roast or 2kg lamb shoulder
- 1/3-1/2 cup below spice mix (amount will depend on cut of lamb)
- ¼ cup olive oil or ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground turmeric (optional)
- 2 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 650 g carrots, cut into thick wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 400 g can chickpeas, drained (optional) or bunch of baby beets, trimmed
- 1 tbsp above spice mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Fresh coriander or mint, to serve
- Mix the 1/3-1/2 cup spice mix with oil in a bowl and rub all over lamb. Leave to marinate in a Season Serve for a couple of hours or best overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180◦C (160◦C fan). Place lamb into 5.7L UltraPro™ rectangle base. Cover and cook for 25 minutes per 500g of lamb, about 1 hour 40 minutes- 50 minutes. Increase cooking times to 2- 2 1/2 hours for shoulder until it can be shredded.
- After 1 hour of cooking, Remove the cover. Combine Honey Spice Roasted Vegetable ingredients except for coriander and place in inverted cover. Place lamb on lower shelf lamb and place vegetables on upper shelf. Roast for 30-40 minutes until vegetables are slightly golden and lamb is tender and golden.
- Carefully remove roast and allow lamb to stand 15 minutes before removing any string and slicing. Increase temperature to 200◦C and cook vegetables until golden. Season with to taste.