Cook Roast Chicken in Microwave in 40 Mins
Who doesn't love an easy and delicious roast chicken recipe? At Tupperware, we like to make easy, even easier. You probably never thought you would find a recipe that asks you to put metal in the microwave, let alone chicken in the microwave! Yet, here we are.
Cook chicken in microwave in 40 minutes - no joke. Keep the nutrients in and the aromas in the air.
SERVES 4 Persons
PREPARATION TIME 5 min
COOKING TIME 40 min
- 1 onion, cut in half, skin removed
- 1.7 kg whole chicken, unseasoned
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Pan juices (1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 25 g butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- Place onion in the base of an UltraPro 3.5L Oval. Place the chicken on top.
- Drizzle with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the thyme springs.
- Place cover on and cook in microwave on High/100% power/900 watts for 30-32 minutes until chicken feels cooked. Preheat the oven to 200◦C (180◦C fan). Remove cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until browned.
- For gravy: Gently remove liquid from cooked chicken to a jug or pitcher, removing any obvious fat. Add the wine and chicken stock. In a Chef Series II 2.5L saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk with a KP Beater until thickened. Whisk in the liquid, stirring until mixture comes to the boil and the gravy has thickened. Season. Serve with the chicken and your choice of vegetables.