PREPARATION TIME: 10 min
COOKING TIME: 20
STANDING TIME: 2 min
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Easy
- Mexican Spice Mix: (increase quantities and store in Modular Mates Spice Set for your Mexican recipes)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1kg skinless chicken breast fillets
To serve: Tortillas, sour cream, kernels from 2 corn cobs cooked in 20cm Fry Pan in a little oil with 1 sliced capsicum.
- Combine spice mix, oil and orange juice in a bowl or Season Serve. Marinate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat Chef Series II 4.1L Casserole Dish. Brown chicken on both sides. Add marinade and ¼ cup water. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove cover, simmer a further 2-3 minutes, or until liquid has thickened slightly. Place chicken on a plate. Shred with two forks. Add back to sauce to coat.
- Serve with tortillas, sour cream and vegetables.