SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 40 min.
COOKING TIME 30 min.
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 2 small chicken breasts, cut into 1” thick pieces
- 1⁄2 cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 tbs tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250g white rice
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp – 1 tbs Sriracha sauce
- 2 carrots, julienned*
- 1 cucumber, julienned*
- 1 jalapeño, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 bunch coriander
- Rub all marinade ingredients over chicken pieces and place into the Junior Season Serve. Place in fridge to marinate for 30 mins - 1 hour.
- Rinse rice until water runs clear.
- Place rice into Micro Urban Base. Pour in 500ml of water and cover with Rice Separator Insert and Rice Cover. Place into the microwave for 15 minutes at 900 watts.
- Remove from microwave and transfer into 2.25L Warmie Tup. Place Cover on and set aside.
- Rinse and quickly clean Micro Urban Base before filling with 400ml water. Place the Large Shielded Colander on the Micro Urban Base and place in chicken pieces. Cover with Shielded Cover and cook for 18 minutes at 900 watts.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- Place chicken on top of rice, and serve with carrot, cucumber, jalapeño and fresh coriander. Drizzle with extra soy and sesame oil as desired, Sriracha mayo and top with sesame seeds.
- *Use the MandoChef® with the Grater Blade for perfectly julienned vegetables!
- Make a quick pickle with the carrots by bringing to the boil 1⁄4 cup vinegar, 2 tbs sugar and a pinch of salt. Pour over carrot sticks and once the temperature has lowered, place into the fridge until needed.