SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 45 min.
COOKING TIME 60 min.
- 1 family sized whole chicken
- 2 brown onions
- 1 lemon, zest and a whole lemon
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and prepare chicken, set aside.
- Cut ends off onion and peel. Cut one onion into quarters and place pieces into chicken’s cavity.
- Set the MandoChef® to the 2mm position fitted with a straight blade. Attach second onion to the MandoChef Safety Guard and slice. Finely slice lemon and place on top of onion slices in the UltraProTM 3.5L Oval Base.
- Place chicken on the sliced onion and lemon.
- Place over crushed garlic, lemon zest, olive oil, thyme and rosemary onto chicken. Rub ingredients onto chicken and place on UltraPro Cover. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Place UltraProTM 3.5L Oval covered into the oven to cook for 1 hour or until golden and tender, removing Cover in the final 10 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from UltraPro onto the Flavour Savour and serve with a roast vegetable salad or garden salad.
- Place herbs and garlic into the chickens cavity for an extra tasty chicken!