A perfect last-minute dinner using what you have in the fridge or pantry, with a distinctively Italian flair!
SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 5 min.
COOKING TIME 25 min.
- 400g dried fusilli pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 pieces pancetta, roughly chopped
- 1 eschalot (French onion), diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups silverbeet
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Extra Parmesan cheese (to serve)
- Place fusilli into the Microwave Pasta Cooker, add water to line 4 and microwave on high for 15 minutes. Allow pasta to rest for 4 minutes before draining and stirring through 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients. In the Chef Series™ Pure Cookware 3.8L Casserole, add remaining olive oil and place over a medium heat. Cook pancetta until crispy. Add eschalot and garlic and sauté until translucent and soft. Add more oil as needed. Add silverbeet and cook for a further 2 minutes or until wilted. Reduce heat to low.
- Add fusilli and remaining ingredients to Casserole, season with salt and pepper and stir until combined. Remove from heat and serve topped with parmesan.
- Add chilli flakes for an extra spicy kick.
- Silverbeet can be substituted with kale. Pancetta can be substituted with shortcut bacon.