Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: easy
Serves: 4 people
- 450 g pasta of your choice (1 lb)
- 60 g butter (4 tbsp)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 10 ml corn starch (2 tsp)
- 15 ml water (1 tbsp)
- 2 small lemons (zested and juiced)
- 2 ml crushed red pepper flakes (optional) (1⁄2 tsp)
- 355 ml heavy cream (11⁄2 cups)
- 80 ml pasta water (1⁄3 cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 55 g freshly grated Parmesan (1⁄2 cup)
- Sliced cooked chicken for serving (optional)
Prepare pasta according to package using the Mastro Cookware 3.3L/3.5qt Stockpot. Reserve 80 ml (1⁄3 cup) of pasta water before straining using the E-ZY Colander from the Pasta Gift Set Peacock, place pasta back in and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, place Mastro Cookware 1.6L/1.7qt Saucepan on medium-high heat and melt butter.
Add minced shallot and sauté for 3 min. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 min.
In a small bowl, combine corn starch and 15 ml (1 tbsp) water.
Add lemon zest, lemon juice, red pepper flakes (if using), heavy cream and corn starch slurry and simmer for 10 min.
Stir in pasta water and simmer for 5 min. then add sauce to pasta and mix with the Fork Set until thoroughly combined.
Add salt and pepper, grate the fresh Parmesan with the Reversible Grater and sliced cooked chicken and stir to combine.