SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 25 min. COOKING TIME 30 min.
STANDING TIME 5 min.
- 250 g (1 ¼ cups) basmati rice, rinsed, soaked in ½ cup water 20 minutes
- 2 cups vegetable stock plus ½ cup water
- 50 g butter
- 1/3 cup sliced or flaked almonds
- Finely grated rind 1 lemon plus 1/4 cup lemon juice, or to taste
- Place soaked rice into Micro Rice Cooker with stock and water. Add cover and cook in microwave on high/100%/900 watts for 22 minutes. Stand 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in Chef Series II 2.5L saucepan. Add almonds and cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes until pale golden. Pour over rice with lemon rind and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with lamb and vegetables.