Delicious Lamb & Pumpkin Stew
There's nothing like a wholesome pumpkin stew to warm you up from the inside out. This lamb and pumpkin stew is a delicious and hearty recipe to beat the Winter blues. Lamb leg or lamb shoulder packs a punch of protein and pumpkin is highly nutritious and full of Vitamin A. Store any leftovers in your freezer-safe and microwaveable Heat & Eat containers. This lamb shoulder stew makes enviable leftovers for lunch or dinner!
SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 15 min.
COOKING TIME 90 min.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1kg lamb leg or shoulder, diced into 3cm cubes
- Salt & pepper
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500ml beef stock
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 350g pumpkin, diced into 2cm cubes
- Salt & pepper
- Heat oil in the base of the Chef Series™ Cookware Casserole over a medium heat. Add in diced lamb in batches, season with salt and pepper and brown. Once the lamb is browned remove from Casserole and transfer into a Mixing Bowl.
- Place triple blade attachment in the Turbo Chef®. Add onion and garlic, lock and pull cord until chopped. Remove Cover and Blade and empty contents into the Casserole. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add in carrot and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until just beginning to soften.
- Add lamb back into the Casserole along with the chopped tomatoes, beef stock and herbs. Stir using KP Simple Spoon. Place cover on Casserole, with the valve set to steam. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for one hour.
- Add chopped pumpkin to Casserole and stir. Place on Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.
TupperTip: Lamb can be replaced with diced veal or beef.