SERVES 6 Persons
PREPARATION TIME 15 min
COOKING TIME 20 min
FOR THE TZATZIKI
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, seeded, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup (250ml) Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
FOR THE LAMB PATTIES
- 600g minced lamb
- 1⁄2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup (65g) pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) olive oil, for frying
- Green salad
- Place the triple blade attachment into an SuperSonic Chopper. Add cucumber and garlic; lock cover into position and pull the cord several times until contents are finely chopped.
- Place the paddle whisk attachment into the SuperSonic Chopper, add all remaining tzatziki ingredients; lock cover into position and pull the cord several times until contents are well combined.
- Place lamb mince into a Mixing Bowl. Add remaining burger ingredients. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Lightly grease a Hamburger Press and Freezer Set with some oil. With clean hands, form mixture into 6 burgers using the Hamburger Press and Freezer Set.
- Pour oil into the Chef Series II 28cm Frypan and place over a medium heat. Add burgers (4 at a time), and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with a dollop of tzatziki and fresh salad.
- Create a burger: Serve with toasted flatbread, thinly sliced red onion and tomato