SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 30 min.
- 1⁄4 kent pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 1 sweet potato, cut into slices
- 1 beetroot, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 bunch Dutch carrots, cut into halves
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbs olive oil Salt and pepper
- 2 tbs mixed finely chopped herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage)
- 500g brown rice
- 950ml water
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 1 bunch kale finely chopped
- 2 tbs (40ml) olive oil
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1⁄2 bunch at leaf parsley, roughly chopped or micro herbs to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180̊C. Prepare baking trays with 2 TupperChefTM Baking Sheets and set aside.
- Arrange vegetables onto the TupperChef Baking Sheet and drizzle over olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs. Place into the oven to cook for 30 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Rinse the rice and drain well. Place it in the Large Microwave Rice Cooker with the water and stock cube, cover and microwave for 20 minutes at 900 watts. Allow standing for 5 minutes.
- Rub kale with olive oil to soften. Place into Allegra Serving Bowl.
- Stir cooked brown rice into the salad and gently toss with the roasted vegetables. Season with additional salt and pepper as required.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and crumbled feta and serve as an accompaniment to any meal.
- Add in 1 cup of chickpeas with the vegetables to roast for extra crunch and texture!