Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Standing Time: 6 hours
Serves: 8 people
- Neutral oil for greasing (such as vegetable, canola or refined coconut oil)
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin (±12 ml / 2½ tsp total)
- 235 ml cold heavy cream (divided) (±1 cup)
- 450 g cream cheese (softened) (±1 lb)
- 90 g powdered sugar (sifted) (±¾ cup)
- 22 ml lemon juice (±1½ tbsp)
- 5 ml vanilla extract (±1 tsp)
- Graham Cracker Crust
- 140 g graham crackers (finely crushed into crumbs) (±9 sheets)
- 45 ml brown sugar (±3 tbsp)
- 60 g unsalted butter (melted) (±¼ cup)
- 1 pinch salt
Insert core seal in middle of Jel Ring and lightly grease form with neutral oil.
In microwave-safe container, add unflavoured gelatine and 60 ml / ±¼ cup cold heavy cream. Stir until well combined and set aside for 1 min. The microwave for 15 sec. at a time at 900 watts until liquefied, set aside to cool.
Whip remaining cold heavy cream until stiff peaks*, set aside.
Fold half of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until mostly combined. Fold in remaining half until fully combined, making sure there are no white streaks.
Pour mixture into greased Jel Ring mould and smooth into an even layer. Seal and chill in fridge for 4-5h, or until firm.
Once firm, prepare graham cracker crust. Combine all ingredients, then press on top of cheesecake. Seal and chill again for 1h.
Once crust is firm, flip Jel Ring so the lid is now on bottom, then remove middle insert. Cheesecake should release naturally. Decorate with berries of choice.
Keep in fridge until ready to serve.