Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: easy
Serves: 6 people
- 2 - 400 g / 14 oz cans jackfruit in water (drained and rinsed)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 15 ml olive oil (1 tbsp)
- 30 ml tomato paste (2 tbsp) 10 ml chili powder (2 tsp)
- 5 ml cumin (1 tsp)
- 5 ml dry oregano (1tsp)
- 5 ml smoked paprika (1 tsp)
- 2 ml salt (1/2 tsp)
- 1 ml ground cinnamon (1/4 tsp)
- 235 ml vegetable broth (1 cup)
- 15 ml Worcestershire sauce (1 tbsp)
- 15 ml liquid smoke (1 tbsp) 1 lime (juiced)
- For Serving (optional) Tortillas, chopped cilantro, sliced radish, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, lime wedges, etc.
Place jackfruit with liquid in the Ultimate Mixing Bowl 3.5L, place Splash Guard with cover on top of bowl and drain. Rinse with water and allow to soak for 5 min. then drain.
Place onion and garlic in the base of the SuperSonic Chopper Extra fitted with blade attachment. Cover and pull cord until finely chopped.
Add oil to 5 Qt / 4.8 L sauté pan and heat on medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and garlic and sauté for approx. 5 min, stirring frequently.
Add jackfruit to the same Chopper with blade attachment. Cover and pull just until the consistency of pulled meat.
Combine dry spices in a small bowl. Stir until fully combined.
Add jackfruit, tomato paste and spices to the pan and stir to combine all ingredients. Cook for 5 min.
Pour vegetable broth, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and lime juice in a pitcher, stir to combine. Add to jackfruit and cook until most of the liquid has cooked off, approx. 5 min.
Serve warm with desired toppings.
*1 medium onion = 11⁄2 tsp onion powder **4 garlic cloves = 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder