INGREDIENTS (6 PEOPLE)
- 2 - 400 g / 14 oz cans jackfruit in water (drained and rinsed)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 15 ml olive oil (±1 tbsp)
- 30 ml tomato paste (±2 tbsp)
- 10 ml chili powder (±2 tsp)
- 5 ml cumin (±1 tsp)
- 5 ml dry oregano (±1 tsp)
- 5 ml smoked paprika (±1 tsp)
- 2 ml salt (±1/2 tsp)
- 1 ml ground cinnamon (±1/4tsp)
- 235 ml vegetable broth (±1cup)
- 15 ml Worcestershire sauce (±1 tbsp)
- 15 ml liquid smoke (±1 tbsp)
- 1 lime (juiced)
For Serving (optional):
- Tortillas, chopped cilantro, sliced radish, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, lime wedges, etc.
- Place jackfruit with liquid in the Ultimate MIxing Bowl 3.5L, place Splash Guard with cover on top of bowl and drain. Rinse with water and allow to soak for 5 min. then drain.
- Place onion and garlic in the base of the SuperSonic Chopper Extra fitted with blade attachment. Cover and pull cord until finely chopped.
- Add oil to 5 Qt / 4.8 L sauté pan and heat on medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and garlic and sauté for approx. 5 min, stirring frequently.
- Add jackfruit to the same Chopper with blade attachment. Cover and pull just until the consistency of pulled meat.
- Combine dry spices in a small bowl. Stir until fully combined.
- Add jackfruit, tomato paste and spices to the pan and stir to combine all ingredients. Cook for 5 min.
- Pour vegetable broth, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and lime juice in a pitcher, stir to combine. Add to jackfruit and cook until most of the liquid has cooked off, approx. 5 min.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.
*1 medium onion = 1½ tsp onion powder
**4 garlic cloves = ½ tsp garlic powder