PREPARATION TIME: 5 min
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon (about ¼ cup juice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to your taste
Optional extras: ½ teaspoon ground cumin for even more flavour, olive oil to serve
- Place triple blade attachment into an Extra Chef.
- Add ingredients. Lock in cover and pull cord several times until finely chopped. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin to serve.
- Beetroot hummus - add a peeled small roasted beetroot, cut into quarters or add some finely grated beetroot if you are short on time and reduce water addition.
- Green hummus - add a handful of baby spinach and some fresh mint. You can substitute lime for the lemon.
- Chilli hummus - add 1 teaspoon chilli paste or some sliced fresh chillies