SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min. COOKING TIME 150 min.
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp spice mix
- 6 Buerre Bosc pears, peeled, halved, cored
- Thick yoghurt or ice cream, to serve
- 3 cinnamon sticks, crushed
- 12 cardamom pods, cracked
- 16 cloves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- Combine water, honey and spice mix in Chef Series II 2.5L saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce and simmer 2 minutes. Add pears and cook, covered on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until tender. Remove pears to a plate with a KP Scoop and Drain.
- Reduce liquid for 8 minutes, or until thick and syrupy. Strain and drizzle over pears. Cool before serving with yoghurt.