MAKES 7 cups PREPARATION TIME 10 min. COOKING TIME 25 min.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds or 150g packet, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup seeds of your choice (try a mix of pumpkin and sunflower)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup maple syrup (use ¾ cup if you prefer less sweet)
- 2 tbsp oil (sunflower, coconut or vegetable)
- Raisins, sultanas, currants or goji berries or chopped dried dates or figs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170◦C (150◦C fan). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine oats, almonds, coconut, all seeds, cinnamon, maple syrup and oil together in a large bowl. Toss to coat well. Spread out on tray in an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until pale golden and crunchy. Allow to cool on tray. It will become crunchier as it cools. Stir through optional choice of dried fruit.
- Store in large Modular Mates™ container. Enjoy for breakfast or sprinkle over yoghurt. Also great sprinkled on top of muffin batter before they are cooked.
Extend granola to make 15 yummy muesli bars:
- 2 ½ cups homemade granola
- 1 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/3 cup oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Melted dark chocolate for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180◦C (160◦C fan). Place TupperChef™ Large Rectangle form onto a baking tray.
- Mix granola, peanut butter, oil and maple syrup together. Press into form.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until pale golden. Cool in form. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.
- Remove carefully and cut into squares. Store in a Slice ‘N Store.