A complete meal cooked in tandem to delight the family.
SERVES 5 Persons PREPARATION TIME 15 min.
COOKING TIME 60 min.
HERBED CHICKEN THIGH
- 800g chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup white wine (60mL)
- 2 tbs olive oil (40mL)
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs (thyme, sage, rosemary), roughly chopped
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar (20mL)
- Salt & pepper
- 750g potatoes, peeled and washed
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream (375mL)
- 2 sprigs thyme, stems removed
- 2 sage leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 brown onion (115g)
- 1 tbs olive oil (20mL)
- Place all Herbed Chicken Thigh ingredients into the Ultra ProTM 3.5L base. Mix thoroughly with KP Simple Spoon. Invert Cover and place over base. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Set the MandoChef® to the 1/lock position fitted with the straight blade. Attach onion to the MandoChef Safety Guard and slice.
- Heat oil in Chef SeriesTM Pure Cookware 28cm Frypan over a medium heat. Add onions to the pan and cook until translucent.
- In the Thatsa® Bowl Junior, add the cream, garlic, onion, herbs, 1 cup of the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and mix using the KP Beater.
- Set the MandoChef to the 2/lock position fitted with the straight blade. Attach potatoes to MandoChef safety guard and slice.
- Add potatoes to the cream mixture in the Thatsa Bowl. Seal and lightly toss to coat.
- Place potatoes and onions in the inverted Ultra Pro 2L Cover, arranging neatly. Pour over remaining cream mixture and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Place inverted Ultra Pro 2L base onto the top of the cover.
- Place in the oven to cook for 1 hour, removing the Ultra Pro 2L base in the final 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with a salad or steamed vegetables.
- Use sweet potato for a variation on the classic potato bake!
- For a lighter option, use 1 cup milk and ½ cup of cream.
- Chicken can be left to marinate in the fridge overnight for maximum flavour.
- Peeled and chopped carrots, fennel and onion can be added in with the Herbed Chicken Thighs extra vegetables.