PREPARATION TIME: 20 min
COOKING TIME: 25 min
- 2 tbs coconut or olive oil
- 4 pieces short-cut bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 large leek
- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sticks celery, cut into quarters
- 2 carrots, cut into quarters
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 L organic vegetable or chicken stock
- 400g tinned cannellini beans
- 100g risoni or macaroni
- 2 cups kale
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- fresh parsley
- Heat Chef Series™ Pure Cookware 3.8L Casserole over a medium heat. Place a few drops of water into the Pot – if the bubbles roll around the pan like mercury it is at the perfect temperature to begin cooking. If it splatters, remove Pot from heat to cool slightly. If water remains, the Pot is not hot enough.
- Once you have conducted the water droplet test, add oil and bacon. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bacon begins to brown.
- Slice the white section of leeks into 1cm rounds using Chef Series Pro Chef Knife, add to Pot and saut. for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the triple blade attachment in the Extra Chef™, add onion and garlic; lock cover into position, pull the cord several times until contents are diced. Remove cover and add celery, carrot; lock cover into position, pull the cord several times until contents are diced. Add to Pot, along with rosemary, thyme and bay leaf, saut. for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add in the stock, cannellini beans and rissoni, cover and turn valve to open position. Cook for 15-20 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally until pasta is cooked.
- Add kale, season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes or until kale is softened.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with a drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Add in vegetables of your choice such as sweet potato, zucchini or even broccoli.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and parmesan.
- Add in shredded roasted chicken for a more protein-packed soup.