SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 4 min.
- 160g dark chocolate
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 1 tbs Nutella, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 50g crushed hazelnuts
1. Break 100g dark chocolate into pieces and place into a microwave safe jug. Place into the microwave and cook at 360 watts for 2 minutes 30 seconds.
2. Remove from microwave and allow to stand for 1 minute. Stir chocolate to ensure pieces have completely melted.
3. Place two silicone baking dome forms on a baking tray. Divide the melted chocolate between each dome cavity. Using a basting brush, evenly spread the chocolate over the whole surface of each cavity. Place into the freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Break the remaining 60g dark chocolate into pieces and place into a microwave safe jug. Place into the microwave and cook at 360 watts for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from microwave and allow to stand for 1 minute. Stir chocolate to ensure pieces have completely melted. Set aside.
6. Using an electric beater, beat the cream into stiff peaks; add the Nutella and icing sugar, before beating for a further 3-4 seconds. Using a spatula, fold half the whipped cream into the melted chocolate; repeat with the second half, continuing to gently fold the mixture until a mousse consistency is reached.
7. Divide the mousse between each chocolate coated cavity, before flattening the top with a tablespoon - the level of the mousse must be a few millimetres below the top of the mold.
8. Sprinkle the mousse with crushed hazelnuts, before gently pushing down with the back of a spoon to pack the hazelnuts inside the dome. Place into the fridge for at least 1 hour.
8. Unmold domes and serve immediately.
- To cut down the setting time, place domes into the freezer at Step 7 for 20 minutes.
- Using the MicroCook Pitcher 1L to melt the dark chocolate, along with the TupperChef™ Baking Dome forms to create the perfect chocolate domes.
- To make this recipe even easier, use the Easylogics Basting Brush to spread the melted chocolate over each dome cavity for an even layer. Similarly, the TupperChef Spatula Medium is fantastic for mixing, stirring and folding through different mixtures.