Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 2 medium sized shallots (approx. 80 g)
- 15 ml oil (1 tbsp)
- 350 g Arborio risotto rice (2 cups)
- 125 ml white wine (1⁄2 cup)
- 1 cube dehydrated chicken stock
- 850 ml hot water (3 cups)
- 400 g green asparagus (14 oz)
- 40 g unsalted butter (21⁄2 tbsp)
- 80 g grated Parmesan (1⁄2 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- Shaved Parmesan flakes for serving (optional)
1. In the Chef Series 2.5L Saucepan, pour oil and
preheat for 3 min. on medium-high heat.
3. Add chopped shallot in saucepan and sauté for 3 min on
4. Add rice and continue sautéing for 1 min while stirring.
5. Add white wine, crumbled chicken stock and 400 ml (13⁄4 cups)
hot water. Stir, then simmer on medium heat for 7 min while
stirring from time to time.
6. Meanwhile, peel asparagus spears and remove their fibrous ends
(2-3 cm / 1 in.). Cut heads to approx. 5 cm / 2 in. in length, leave
intact and slice rest of stems into 2 cm / 1 in pieces.
7. After first 7 min. cooking time, add pieces of asparagus stems
(keep heads to add them later: they need less cooking time), add
250 ml (1 cup) hot water and continue cooking for 5 min.
8. Add asparagus heads, 200 ml (3⁄4 cup) hot water and continue
cooking for 6-8 min, stirring from time to time. You should have a
creamy texture but no water left: if needed, continue cooking
9. Turn off heat, add butter, grated Parmesan and stir until melted.
10. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with shaved