Whether you're prepping for Christmas or just craving a spiced treat, this finger-licking gingerbread man recipe is exactly what you need. Create 20 gingerbread men in just 20 minutes with this simple and delicious recipe.
SERVES 20 Persons
PREPARATION TIME 10 min
COOKING TIME 10 min
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free plain flour
- 1¼ cups coconut sugar
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Writing icing*
- Chocolate buttons or Smarties
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place a TupperChef™ Baking Sheet onto a baking tray.
- Place all ingredients into a Mixing Bowl; mix together using the TupperChef Spatula Medium.
- With your hands, knead the mixture until it forms a dough. Gently flatten into a disc and Seal bowl. Place in the fridge and chill for 1 hour.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured countertop. Roll dough until it is 6mm thick.
- Use the Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter to cut out the cookies, before placing onto the Baking Sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool completely. Decorate using writing icing, chocolate button and Smarties.
- Allow icing to dry completely before serving.
- To make gluten-free cookies, substitute flour with gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- For a smooth biscuit for decorating, allow cut biscuits on the baking tray to be brought to room temperature before placing into the oven.
- To make your own writing icing, add 2 tbs egg whites, 200g icing sugar and 1 tsp lemon juice into a bowl. Beat ingredients until well combined; the icing must be thick, but can still be poured. If it is too thin, add more icing sugar; if it’s too thick, add more lemon juice.
- Pour icing into the Decorating Bag fitted with the smallest Nozzle. Decorate the gingerbread men, as desired. Allow icing to dry for 1 hour before serving.