SERVES 20 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 10 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free plain flour
- 1¼ cups coconut sugar
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Writing icing*
- Chocolate buttons or Smarties
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place a TupperChef™ Baking Sheet onto a baking tray.
- Place all ingredients into a Thatsa® Bowl Junior; mix together using the TupperChef Spatula Medium.
- With your hands, knead the mixture until it forms a dough. Gently flatten into a disc and Seal bowl. Place in the fridge and chill for 1 hour.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured countertop. Roll dough until it is 6mm thick.
- Use the Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter to cut out the cookies, before placing onto the Baking Sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool completely. Decorate using writing icing, chocolate button and Smarties.
- Allow icing to dry completely before serving.
- To make gluten-free cookies, substitute flour with gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- For a smooth biscuit for decorating, allow cut biscuits on the baking tray to be brought to room temperature before placing into the oven.
- To make your own writing icing, add 2 tbs egg whites, 200g icing sugar and 1 tsp lemon juice into a bowl. Beat ingredients until well combined; the icing must be thick, but can still be poured. If it is too thin, add more icing sugar; if it’s too thick, add more lemon juice.
- Pour icing into the Decorating Bag fitted with the smallest Nozzle. Decorate the gingerbread men, as desired. Allow icing to dry for 1 hour before serving.