A beautiful spiced Christmas cake with lashings of ginger for the festive season!
SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 20 min.
COOKING TIME 60 min.
- 1 small carrot (100g), peeled, cut into small pieces
- 60 g (1/2 cup) self raising flour
- 75 g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 75 g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- Tiny squeeze lemon juice (1/4 teaspoon)
- Chopped nuts, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 160oC. Lightly grease Ultra Pro Oval 2.5L Base and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a Thatsa Bowl Junior. Mix KP Tools Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer mixture into greased Ultra Pro Oval 2.5L Base. Place into the oven to bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cake bounces back when touched.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before turning out onto a wire rack.
- To make the icing, beat egg whites in the Speedy Chef until beginning to foam. Gradually add the icing sugar to create a soft meringue before adding the lemon juice to create a more liquid icing (should still be thick enough to hold shape).
- Pour the icing over the cake and decorate with rosemary sprigs and any other decorations of choice
- Dust with icing sugar for a “snow” effect on the cake after decorating.
- Cake can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free flour.
- Substitute dairy products with a vegan alternative (such as soy or almond milk and Nuttelex) for a dairy-free option.