MAKES 18-20 PREPARATION TIME 30 minutes plus 30 minutes chilling time
COOKING TIME 15 minutes. LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY Easy COST Low
125g butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup golden syrup
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon mixed spice
2 3/4 cups plain flour
1 egg white
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted
- Place butter, sugar and golden syrup in a Mixing Bowl. Beat with KP Beater until creamy. Beat in egg.
- Stir in dry ingredients to form a dough. You can use your hands to help. Press into a flat disc and wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160C fan). Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut shapes with festive cutters.
- Place onto baking paper lined baking trays. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool on trays.
- For icing: In a clean bowl beat egg white and lemon juice with a fork until foamy. Stir in sifted icing sugar until you have a smooth icing. Fill a piping bag and pipe decorations. Scatter with sprinkles if you like. Store in choice of container at room temperature for 2-3 days or gift in a Clarity Canister.