World Gin Day is just around the corner. Learn how to make jelly shots at home with this simple jelly shots recipe. Have your friends over and enjoy a jelly shot for a fun evening or activity!
PREPARATION TIME: 5 min
SETTING TIME: 4+ hours
STANDING TIME: 5 min
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin (agar agar for vegetarian substitute)
- 60ml cold water plus 170ml water
- 170g (¾ cup) sugar
- 40ml gin
- 1 large lemon
- Mix the gelatine with the 60ml cold water in a small bowl. Set aside to soften.
- Combine the remaining water with the sugar in Chef Series II 2.5L saucepan. Stir and bring to the boil, reduce and simmer for about 4 minutes until volume has reduced slightly and mixture looks a little syrupy.
- Zest the lemon using the Cooks Maid then juice the lemon. You will need about 45ml juice.
- Stir softened gelatin into hot syrup until dissolved then add the gin, lemon zest and juice. Pour mixture into a jug or pitcher for easy pouring.
- Place mould on a baking tray, pour mixture into each cavity of the mould and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until set.
- When ready to unmould, gently release sides of each jelly then pop out from the base.