Lime, Chilli and Garlic Prawns RecipeThis is hands down the best garlic prawn recipe. Light, refreshing and a little kick thanks to the chilli! If you're new to cooking seafood or looking to try something different, it's super easy to cook garlic prawns with this lime and chilli marinade - a seafood special. This is the perfect recipe to entertain and impress your guests. Feel free to half or double the quantities, depending on how many people you are entertaining. However, we know this dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser, so more is always recommended for your guests. Enjoy this zingy, creamy, garlic prawn recipe.
SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 5 min.
COOKING TIME 10 min.
- 750g prawns, peeled (deveined with tails on)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 red chili, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1cm piece fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 tbs chili paste
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Coconut rice
- Fresh salad
- Lime wedges
- Fresh coriander
- Place the triple blade attachment in the Turbo Chef™, add garlic, fresh chili and ginger; lock cover into position and pull the cord several times until contents are finely chopped.
- Remove cover and add chili paste, flakes and season with salt and pepper; lock cover into position and pull the cord several times until contents are combined. Empty ingredients into EZ Shaker with olive oil, lime juice and zest. Cover and shake to combine.
- Place prawns in the Season Serve and place over marinade. Place the cover on and shake to coat. Set aside in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place onto Ultra Pro and cook in oven until golden and cooked through (approx. 10-15 minutes). Alternatively, cook prawns over a high heat in the Chef Series Cookware 28cm Frypan or on a BBQ until cooked.
- Serve with coconut rice, fresh salad, lime wedges and coriander.
TupperTip: Remove chili and ginger for a basic garlic prawn. Garnish with parsley and add butter as desired.