This warming slow-cooked lamb makes a nourishing Sunday roast for the whole family.
SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 40 min.
COOKING TIME 200 min.
- 1 (400g) fennel bulb
- 1 (175g) red onion
- 2 (300g) white potatoes
- 1 (1.8kg) lamb shoulder
- 60mL white wine
- 1 lemon, juice and rind
- 60mL olive oil
- 3 (15g) cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs oregano
- 2 sprigs thyme
- salt & pepper
- Place the straight blade in the MandoChef®. Attach fennel to the guard.
- Slice into 4mm increments and place into the UltraPro™ 5.7L Rectangle Base.
- Repeat with onion and potato.
- Place lamb shoulder on top of vegetables. Pour over white wine and lemon juice before drizzling lamb with olive oil.
- Using a Garlic Wonder™ crush garlic cloves onto the lamb. Add herbs, lemon rind, salt and pepper and massage into lamb shoulder ensuring it is fully coated.
- Place Cover on UltraPro and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes*.
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 160̊C and continue to cook for a further 3 hours or until desired tenderness is reached.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest with Cover on for 15 minutes before serving.
- Slice using Chef Series™ Carving Knife and serve with vegetables and your choice of sides.
• Can be prepared ahead and left marinating in the fridge overnight.