SERVES: 15 Energy Bites
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOKING TIME: 3 mins
- 8 medjoul dates (pitted)
- 50g coconut oil (2 medium Scoops / ±4 tbsp)
- 90g uncooked old fashioned oatmeal (4 large Scoops / ±1 cup)
- 50g mini chocolate chips (2 medium Scoops / ±¼ cup)
- 85g nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter….) (1 large Scoop / ±⅓ cup)
- 5ml vanilla extract (± 1 tsp)
- 50g ground flax seed (2 large Scoops / ±½ cup)
- Place pitted dates into the base of the MicroCook Pitcher 1L and fill with water until dates are covered. Cover and microwave for 2 min. at 900 watts. Allow to stand for 5 min. or until dates are softened.
- Drain the water and place softened dates in the Extra Chef, cover and pull cord until dates are finely chopped into a paste then remove into another bowl.
- In the MicroCook Pitcher 1L, add coconut oil and microwave for 1 min. at 900 watts or until oil has melted.
- In the Extra Chef, place old fashioned oats, cover and pull cord until the oats are finely chopped.
- Add date paste, melted coconut oil, mini chocolate chips, nut butter and vanilla extract to the Extra Chef, cover and pull cord until ingredients are fully combined.
- Remove the blade from the Extra Chef and set aside. Add ground flax seed and mix until fully combined.
- Using the Small Portioning Scoop, scoop out approx. 15 energy bites and place in a fridge safe container.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat.