SERVES 2 Persons PREPARATION TIME 5 min.
COOKING TIME 16 min.
- 2 packets of instant ramen noodles
- 400ml chicken stock
- 2 tbs miso paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbs mirin
- 1-2 tbs tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried garlic granules
- 1 chicken breast
- 50g shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 bunch bokchoy, cut in quarters
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, cut into halves
- 2 tsp chilli paste or 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Chilli oil
- 1 nori sheet, sliced
- Place noodles into Micro Urban Base. Fill water to MAX line indicated under pasta icon. Place into microwave uncovered and cook at 900 watts for 4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and drain using the Large Shielded Colander. Transfer to a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Rinse and quickly clean Micro Urban Base, before filling with 400ml chicken stock. Place in the miso, ginger, mirin, tamari and garlic. Place the Large Shielded Colander on the Micro Urban Base and place in the chicken breast. Sprinkle with shiitake mushrooms, cover with Shielded Cover and cook for 8 minutes at 900 watts.
- Remove from microwave and stack on the Low Colander. Place in the bok choy, cover and cook for a further 4 minutes at 900 watts.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- Divide noodles into two bowls and top with shredded chicken and broth. Place butter into bowls and top with extra hot stock or water, as needed. Serve with mushrooms, bok choy, boiled eggs, chilli, spring onions, chilli oil and nori.
- To get a more authentic flavour, try placing in 1 tbs of animal fat into the broth or use a bone broth for the stock.