Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Makes 1, Serves 10
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- Finely grated rind of 2 lemons
- ¾ cup mild flavoured olive oil or sunflower oil
- ¾ cup milk
- Juice of 1 lemon (50ml)
- 2 ½ cups self raising flour
- Vanilla frosting, butter cream or lemon icing, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Place TupperChef Round Form onto a baking tray.
- In a Mixing Bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Whisk with KP Beater. Add lemon rind, oil, milk and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. Sift in flour and a pinch of salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into Form and bake for 50 minutes, or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove from oven and stand for 15 minutes.
- Gently invert cake onto a cake rack to cool.
- Spread with frosting, butter cream or lemon icing and decorate as desired.