SERVES: 8 Persons
PREPARATION TIME: 10 min
COOKING TIME: 20 min
STANDING TIME: 2 min
If you’re trying to think of what to bring to your work Christmas parties or family Christmas celebrations, then look no further. We have a quick and easy Christmas pudding recipe to really wow your colleagues and family. Have you got a preferred dried fruit mix? That’ll go perfectly with your homemade Christmas pudding. We have three perfect cooking tools just for this recipe, these include the MicroCook Pitcher, KP Gravy Ladle and our KP Simple Spoon. Everyone loves feasting at Christmas and what better dessert to make than our mini Christmas puddings for your work colleagues or family. Either serve these beauties up with a topping of cherries and cream or keep it plain, whatever takes your fancy.
- 1/2 cup Cointreau or brandy
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit (chopped dates, currants, craisins or goji berries, raisins)
- 75 g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1.25 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- To serve, custard or cream and fresh cherries
- Fill Micro Urban base with 400ml cold water. Stack Large Shielded Colander inside. Place 8 Microwave Ramekins inside.
- Place Cointreau into MicroCook Pitcher. Heat on High/100%/900 watts for 60 seconds. Stir in fruit. Cool.
- Place butter and sugar into a bowl and whisk until soft and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in fruit, flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda with a spatula until just combined.
- Spoon into ramekins, ¾ full for 8 or 10 smaller ones. Add Shielded Cover and cook in microwave on High/100 %/900 watts for 13 minutes, or until cooked when gently pressed on top. Remove Large Shielded Colander from base, stand 2 minutes.
- Gently squeeze ramekins and unmould onto a plate. Cool. Use up remaining mixture in two ramekins if making 10, cook for 6 minutes. Serve with custard or cream.
TupperTip: If you are making four at a time, halve mixture, check after 7 minutes of cooking.
For gifting: Mix 1 ½ cups sifted icing sugar and enough water or lemon juice to enable spreading. Top with a maraschino cherry. Wrap in cellophane bags with a ribbon.