SERVES: 8 Persons
PREPARATION TIME: 10 min
COOKING TIME: 20 min
STANDING TIME: 2 min
- 1/2 cup Cointreau or brandy
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit (chopped dates, currants, craisins or goji berries, raisins)
- 75 g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1.25 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- To serve, custard or cream and fresh cherries
- Fill Micro Urban base with 400ml cold water. Stack Large Shielded Colander inside. Place 8 Microwave Ramekins inside.
- Place Cointreau into MicroCook Pitcher. Heat on High/100%/900 watts for 60 seconds. Stir in fruit. Cool.
- Place butter and sugar into a bowl and whisk until soft and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in fruit, flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda with a spatula until just combined.
- Spoon into ramekins, ¾ full for 8 or 10 smaller ones. Add Shielded Cover and cook in microwave on High/100 %/900 watts for 13 minutes, or until cooked when gently pressed on top. Remove Large Shielded Colander from base, stand 2 minutes.
- Gently squeeze ramekins and unmould onto a plate. Cool. Use up remaining mixture in two ramekins if making 10, cook for 6 minutes. Serve with custard or cream.
TupperTip: If you are making four at a time, halve mixture, check after 7 minutes of cooking.
For gifting: Mix 1 ½ cups sifted icing sugar and enough water or lemon juice to enable spreading. Top with a maraschino cherry. Wrap in cellophane bags with a ribbon.