Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups raw or roasted unsalted hazelnuts
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup dairy-free dark chocolate (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 176c. Add hazelnuts to TupperChef Silicone Cake Form. If raw, roast for a total of 12-15 minutes. If already roasted, roast for 8-10 minutes just to warm the natural oils and loosen the skins. This will make it easier to blend into butter.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Transfer to a large kitchen towel and use your hands to roll the nuts around and remove most of the skins. Get as much as possible off because it yields a creamier Nutella - it doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Leaving excess skin behind, add hazelnuts to SuperSonic. Blend until a butter is formed. Scrape down sides as needed.
- In the meantime, heat the chocolate in the MicroCook Pitcher in the microwave in 30 second increments. Set aside.
- Once the hazelnut butter is creamy and smooth, add vanilla and salt and blend well. Add melted chocolate a little at a time and blend again until well incorporated. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt or vanilla if desired.
- If Nutella isn’t sweet enough, add stevia to taste, or 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup or agave. TupperTip: The more liquid sweetener you add the firmer/stiffer the Nutella will get, so add sparingly.
- Transfer to a clean container and store at room temperature for everyday use for 2-3 weeks or more.