Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serves: 6 people
Ingredients for gifting
- 100g all-purpose flour (±¾ cup)
- 75g sugar (±⅓ cup)
- 75g light brown sugar (±⅓ cup)
- 10ml baking powder (±2 tsp)
- 5ml cinnamon (±1 tsp)
- 1ml salt (±¼ tsp)
- 40g pecans (chopped using the Herb Chopper, plus more for garnishing) (±⅓ cup)
Ingredients for preparation
- 2 medium carrots (approx. 125 g / ±4.5 oz total) (grated)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 120ml vegetable oil (±½ cup)
- 2ml vanilla extract (±½ tsp)
- 85g cream cheese (softened) (±3 oz)
- 85g butter (softened) (±6 tbsp)
- 125g powdered sugar (sifted) (±1 cup)
1. Layer all dry ingredients evenly into Glass & Bamboo Storage Jar 550ml, place bamboo lid on. Write down remaining ingredients and instructions on a small card and tie around the jar to gift.
2. When ready to prepare carrot cake in a jar, remove rack from oven and preheat to Th 6/180°C/350°F without convection. Place SBF Rectangular on cold oven rack and set aside.
3. Pour contents of the Glass & Bamboo Storage Jar into the EZ Speedy then add grated carrots, lightly beaten eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Mix on gear II until you have a consistent batter.
4. Pour batter into SBF Rectangular and smooth to form an even layer. Bake for 23-25 min., or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
5. Allow to stand for 15 min. before unmolding. Gently unmold cake and allow to cool completely on the oven rack.
6. To prepare the icing, place softened cream cheese and butter in a clean EZ Speedy and beat on gear II until combined. Add sifted powdered sugar and beat again until smooth.
7. When the cake has completely cooled, frost the cake and top with chopped pecans.