For the cakes:
- 200g soft unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 50g white chocolate (chopped finely)
- 100g 100 and 1000s
- 2Tbps milk (optional if the batter is too dense)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
White chocolate buttercream
- 300g soft unsalted butter
- 500g soft icing sugar
- 200g white chocolate (melted)
- 1tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- White chocolate
- Food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- On a stand mixer cream the soft butter and the sugar with a flat beater.
- Add the eggs (one at the time), vanilla and salt.
- Slowly combine the sifted flour.
- Grate or finely chop some white chocolate and add it to the mixture with the 100 and 1000s.
- Divide the mixture into the two Tupperware silicon round tins and bake them for 30-40 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cakes come out clean).
- Once the cakes are cool, remove the domes and frost them and decorate them with the white chocolate buttercream.
WHITE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM
- On a stand mixer with a balloon whisk attachment, cream the soft butter for 5-7 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the white chocolate in the microwave.
- When the butter is white and creamy, add slowly some sifted icing sugar.
- Mix everything on medium speed for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, salt and melted chocolate (not too hot though).
- Mix for another 2 minutes and your buttercream is ready.
- Melt some white chocolate or chocolate melts.
- Add your favourite food colouring and spread the melted chocolate on a piece of baking paper.
- Add some sprinkle and wait until the chocolate is set to decorate the cake.