Gluten Free Almond & Carrot Cake
- 400g carrots
- 6 eggs
- 180g almond meal
- 150g white sugar
- 90g gluten free flour (or plain flour)
- 100g lemon juice
- 100g flaked almonds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 170C/340F. Separate the eggs using the EZ Maid and place in the mixing bowl. Grate the carrots and add 20g of lemon juice.
2. Beat the 6 yolks and sugar for 4-5 minutes (until you get a creamy mixture). Add the almond meal, flour, baking soda and the spices and mix well. Add 80g of lemon juice and the grated carrots
3. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until they look like a cloud and then gently fold the whites to the other mixture
4. Pour the cake batter in a the Silicone Cake Form and spread the flaked almonds on top of the cake
5. Cook the cake for 40-45 minutes (until a wooden skewer comes out clean). Now time to enjoy it!