SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 5 min.
COOKING TIME 16 min.
For the pudding
- 250g Arborio rice, rinsed
- 400ml coconut cream
- 300ml water
- ¼ cup (60ml) raw honey
- 1 lime, zest only
For the lemongrass sauce
- 375ml water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised*
- 1/3 cup (75g) coconut sugar or caster sugar
- Fresh mango slices
- Fresh mint leaves
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Place rice in the Micro Pressure Cooker. Stir in coconut cream, water, honey and lime zest.
- Securely cover and microwave at 600 watts for 16 minutes. Remove from microwave and leave Micro Pressure Cooker to rest until the pressure indicator drops.
- Place the water and lemongrass in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid has reduced by half. Remove lemongrass and add in sugar. Bring to the boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Lower the heat and allow to simmer until liquid thickens into a syrup. Allow to cool.
- Serve rice pudding warm with syrup, fresh mango slices, mint leaves and toasted coconut. Alternatively, divide rice between four glasses and chill in the fridge until set. Top with mango slices, mint leaves and toasted coconut flakes just before serving.
- *Bruise lemongrass by hitting it and pressing down firmly with the side of a chef’s knife.
- Add 2.5cm piece of ginger to the sauce when boiling for a lemongrass ginger sauce.
- To avoid a skin forming when chilling the pudding, cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap or baking parchment.