SERVES 12 Persons PREPARATION TIME 30 min.
COOKING TIME 20 min.
- ⅔ cup warm milk
- 2 pinches of salt
- 20g fresh yeast
- 300g flour
- 40g white sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp butter, softened
- Optional icing to glace the rolls
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Heat the milk in the microwave 1 min 30 sec. at 600 watts. In a Thatsa Bowl, add milk and stir in the salt and yeast until well mixed and dissolved. Add flour, sugar and the melted warm (not hot) butter.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until everything is combined. Knead the dough until dough is soft. You’ll know when it’s soft when the dough leaves side of bowl and is easy to handle. Seal and allow the dough to rise in a warm place. The dough should rise to double its size or to when the seal lifts.
- Mix brown sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside. Place dough on floured surface and knead the dough. Gently push your fist into the dough to deflate it.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten dough into a 30 x 30 cm rectangle. Spread butter over dough, do not butter 1-2cm of one side of dough.
- Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Roll dough up tightly. Pinch edge of dough into the roll to seal edge.
- Using a sharp Serrated Knife, cut roll into 2.5 cm slices (12 slices). Place the slices upside down slightly apart in the MicroPro Grill. Place the cover on casserole/high position and allow the rolls rise in a warm place up to 15 min. Microwave the rolls for 16 min at 600 watts.
- In a small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth, adding enough milk so glaze is thin enough to drizzle.
- Using a spoon, drizzle glaze over the warm rolls. Serve warm.