Enjoy a slice of delicious any night of the week with UltraPro™ Square. Halve your cooking time by starting in the microwave and finishing in the oven. Less time, same delicious results!
SERVES 8 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 23 min.
- 300ml thickened cream
- 300ml milk
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 extra large egg yolks
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- Sea salt flakes
- 8 croissants, cut in half
- Icing sugar
- Cream or ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 190oC.
- Add cream, milk and chocolate to Micro Cook Pitcher. Microwave at 600 watts for 3 minutes. Stir until smooth. If needed, return to microwave at 20 second intervals until chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, sugar and a pinch of sea salt flakes. Whisk to combine. Add cooled chocolate mixture and mix together until smooth.
- Dip each croissant half in the chocolate mixture and arrange in the UltraPro 2L Square base. Pour over any remaining mixture.
- Place on the UltraPro 2L Square cover and microwave at 900 watts for 6 minutes. Remove cover and transfer into the oven for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired and serve with cream or ice cream.
- Sprinkle flaked almonds over the top before baking to add extra crunch.