A fragrant one-pot curry that’s quick and easy to prepare. Makes a healthy and satisfying mid-week meal for lovers of spice.
SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 30 min.
- 1 brown onion, peeled & roughly chopped.
- 2 tbs butter or ghee
- 2.5cm piece ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 750g chicken thighs (boneless), roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup red lentils
- 500ml chicken stock
- Fresh coriander
- Place the triple blade attachment in the Turbo Chef®, add onion; lock cover into position and pull the cord several times until contents are finely chopped.
- Heat butter in Chef SeriesTM Pure Cookware 2.8L Sauteuse over a medium heat. Add onions and reduce heat to low. Gently cook for 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic to Turbo Chef; lock cover and pull cord several times until contents are minced. Transfer into the Sauteuse and cook with onions for a further 2 minutes. Add the spices and cook until fragrant.
- Add chicken thighs and chilli. Stir with KP Simple Spoon to coat chicken in the spices and onion mix. Cook for 5 minutes, turning thighs in-between.
- Pour tomatoes, lentils and stock into the pan. Place on Cover and turn valve to Steam Release. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season curry with salt and pepper and serve with cooked basmati rice and fresh coriander.
- Add more spices as you see to blend your own favourite balance
- Serve with raita and papadum for an easy weeknight meal.
- For a milder version, use half (or omit) chilli powder.