PREPARATION TIME: 10 min
COOKING TIME: 1 hour, 45 min
STANDING TIME: 2 min
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Easy
Spice Mix: Combine the following
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1kg chuck steak, cut into large cubes
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 400g can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 400ml can coconut milk or 1 ½ cups beef stock
- Heat oil in Chef Series II 4.1L Casserole Dish. Brown beef.
- Add spice mix, ginger and stir to toast spices.
- Add tomatoes and coconut milk. Cover and simmer on low for 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer sauce a further 15, or until reduced and tender. Season well with salt and balance with a little sugar if you need or a squeeze of lemon. Serve with rice and vegetables.
- Add some chunks of pumpkin and cook until tender
- Add spinach at the end of cooking time
TupperTip: Double the spice mix and store in Modular Mates Spice Sets for your next curry.