PREPARATION TIME: 5 min. marinate 3 hours or overnight for maximum tenderness
COOKING TIME: 25 min
STANDING TIME: 2 min
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into large chunks
- 40g butter
- 400g tomato puree
- ¾ cup thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground chillies or cayenne pepper
- Combine spices with garlic, ginger, yoghurt, lemon juice and chicken in a Season Serve or large dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to cook, melt butter in Chef Series II 4.1L Casserole Dish. Brown chicken on high heat on both sides. Add tomato puree and cream. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender. Season well with salt and some sugar to balance.
- Serve with rice or flat bread and vegetables or salad.
TupperTip: For a shortcut version substitute a Butter Chicken paste for the spices, garlic and lemon juice.
Stir through some baby spinach and frozen peas at the end or some chunks of potato half way through cooking time.