SERVES 3 Persons PREPARATION TIME 15 min.
COOKING TIME 20 min.
225g casarecce pasta
BROCCOLI BASIL PESTO:
½ head broccoli, cut into florets
1½ bunches fresh basil
1 tbs pine nuts
2/3 cup grated parmesan
¼ cup grated pecorino
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
Salt and pepper
1 lemon, zest only
- Fill Micro Urban Base with 400ml water. Place the Large Shielded Colander on the Base and place broccoli inside. Cover with Shielded Cover. Place into the microwave and cook at 900 watts for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Place casarecce pasta into Micro Urban Base and fill with water to MAX line, as shown under pasta icon. Place into the microwave and cook at 900 watts for 15 minutes or until al dente.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, add all pesto ingredients including broccoli in an Extra Chef™ fitted with triple blade attachment; blitz ingredients until a smooth or desired consistency is reached.
- Remove casarecce from microwave and drain using the Large Shielded Colander. Transfer into a bowl and mix through half of the pesto.
- Top with parmesan and fresh basil, and serve with a side of salad.
- Add remaining pesto into a FreezerKeeper™ and freeze for another dinner.