SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 20 min.
COOKING TIME 20 min.
FOR THE EMPANADAS:
- ½ tbs olive oil
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 400g tin black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs jalapeños, finely chopped
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs Mexican hot sauce
- ½ cup tasty cheese
- Salt & pepper
FOR THE PASTRY:
- 6 sheets rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Place oil in the Chef Series™ Pure Cookware Fry Pan over a medium heat. Add spring onions and garlic, stirring regularly until just softened. Add sweet potato and cook until just soft.
- Add in coriander, paprika, cumin, black beans and jalapenos, tomato paste, Mexican hot sauce and tasty cheese and stir well. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Place TupperChef™ Baking Sheet on an oven tray.
- Using the round side of the Individual Pastry Press, cut rounds out of the pastry. Repeat this process until you have 12 pastry rounds. You may need to re-roll pastry.
- Place a round on the clam-side of the Individual Pastry Press. Use the Easylogics Basting Brush, wet pastry edge with beaten egg. Place a heaped tablespoon of the black bean filling in the centre of the Individual Pastry Press and close, pressing tightly to Seal. Place filled empanada on the Baking Sheet. Repeat this process using all filling.
- Use the Easylogics Basting Brush and brush empanadas with remaining egg and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.