SERVES 8 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 28 min.
FOR THE FILLING:
- 4 large green apples (i.e. golden delicious), peeled and diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs coconut or brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
FOR THE PASTRY:
- 4 shortcrust pastry sheets, thawed
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180◦C.
- Place TupperChef™ Baking Sheet on an oven tray.
- Place all ingredients for the filling into the Micro Pressure Cooker; gently mix.
- Securely cover and lock the Cooker. Place into the microwave and cook at 900 watts for 8 minutes. Remove the Cooker from the microwave and leave to rest until the pressure indicator drops.
- Using the round side of the Pie Maker, cut rounds out of the pastry sheets. Repeat this process until you have 16 pastry rounds.
- Place a round on each clam side of the Pie Maker. Place 2 heaped tablespoons of filling into the bottom round. Close the Pie Maker, pressing tightly to seal. Place hand pie on the Baking Sheet. Repeat process until 8 hand pies have been assembled.
- Brush hand pies with milk. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown*.
- If using a fan forced oven, cooking time may be less.