SERVES 100 Persons
PREPARATION TIME 10 min
COOKING TIME 8 min
500g butter, softened
½ - 1 cup sugar
395g tin condensed milk
5 cups self raising flour
1. Cream butter and sugar together in a Mixing Bowl. Add condensed milk and combine, before adding flour.
2. Seal bowl and shake, alternating between circular movements then backwards and forwards to combine. Keep shaking until you hear a ‘thud’ as this will indicate the dough is forming into a ball. Unseal and lightly knead on a floured surface.
3. Divide the dough into 4 and add your preferred variations*.
4. Roll each variation into a round log approx. 4cm in diameter and slice into 1cm rounds.**
5. Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
6. Store in a Modular Mate Square 3 or Rectangle 4.
Chopped glace cherries and coconut
White choc chips and chopped macadamia nuts.
Chopped glace ginger
Dark and milk choc chips
Chopped dried apricots
Favourite jam for jam drops
**For jam drops, roll into small balls and make an indent in center before filling with your favourite jam. Raw dough can be frozen in a log and sliced before baking. For a gluten free version, substitute flour for a gluten free variety. Sugar can be substituted for coconut sugar.