Steaming is a great way to quickly prepare healthy, mess free meals. Here's a handy guide to get started.
- Preserve the freshness, colour and nutrients
Steaming is the perfect way to cook vegetables while preserving their natural qualities. Their vibrant colour, freshness and valuable nutrients, are preserved as they do not come into direct contact with water, which can wash them away.
- Enjoy cooking effortlessly
For mess-free cooking, simply select your choice of protein, carbohydrate and selection of vegetables, straight from your VentSmart or FreezerKeeper containers and cook effortlessly in our Micro Urban Large.
Cook pasta, rice, couscous or quinoa in the base and stack-cook proteins and vegetables concurrently in the Large Shielded and Low Colander stacked into the base. Place into the microwave, set the time and walk away to spend more time with your family.
- Mess-free food
Cooking in a contained vessel in the microwave oven keeps your kitchen clean and mess free. No reaching for fry pans and pasta pots which spill and spatter over your cook top. The Micro Urban Large is easily washed, dried and stacked back into itself for easy storage, ready for your next meal.
- Energy saving
Cooking multiple ingredients at the same time not only saves time, but also reduces energy consumption in the kitchen! This in turn makes steaming much cheaper and more environmentally friendly than traditional cooking methods.
- Try and cut your veggies a similar size so they cook evenly.
- Start cooking firmer, denser vegetables such as sweet potato, carrot, broccoli and cauliflower before adding lighter vegetables such as asparagus, baby broccoli or zucchini, which will cook in less time.
- Add some colour by sprinkling spices over your proteins before cooking. You can also add extra flavour by steaming them on sliced lemon or fresh herbs.
- Always add 400ml cold water to the base when steaming, so as to not damage the product.
- Add the Rice Separator Insert and Rice Cover when cooking rice to reduce the foam and mess.