An Asian Occasion Demonstration
Asian cuisines are incredibly popular. Whether it be Chinese, Thai, Malaysian, Indonesian, Korean or Japanese, there’s no need for your customers to be intimidated by preparing Asian delicacies any longer. This party theme should be focused around food by preparing one or more dishes from the chosen country.
Progressive Dinner Party
The idea is to prepare pre-dinner drinks and nibbles or an appetizer at one house, main course at another and dessert at another (some even do coffee and petit fours at a final destination!)
You can use this concept to promote your Tupperware monthly recipe cards, booking the whole series from parties held early in the month. Your customers will benefit from the fun and learning experiences this creates.
In June you could combine these two ideas and have a progressive Asian Dinner party through the month. Ask your customers "Who is always looking for new meal-time inspiration? Who would love to have a few more simple, quick and delicious recipes to throw together at short notice that will impress family and friends?”
Explain that by attending your Asian Occasion Progressive Dinner Party throughout June, they are going to learn how to prepare delicious Asian ‘fast food’ with Tupperware’s unique cooking solutions. Products like the Rice Cooker that takes the guesswork out and prepares perfect rice every time with no mess; the MicroSteamer which steams veggies, wontons, fish and desserts, retaining maximum nutrients and flavour.
Ask your guests “Do you feel chained to the kitchen whilst cooking, unable to do anything else?” Explain that with the products you will be demonstrating they will be freed up to either relax or attend to other tasks while the Tupperware does the job safely and cleanly, with no worries about boiling over or boiling dry!
Asian Occasion Display suggestions
|Host and Thank You Gifts
(Display separately to add interest)
|Monthly promotional products
(June’s package is perfect for this theme)
|Spice Sets and Container Labels||Clear Mates|
|Knife Set and sharpener||Modular Mates®|
|Knife sharpener||Soy Scape Set|
|TupperChef Spatula||Flexible Cutting Mats|
|Season Serve®||Garlic Wonder|
|Heat ‘N Eat||MicroSteamer & Cook Book|
|Microsteamer Ramekins||TupperWave® Jug|
|Microwave Rice Cooker||Quick Chef II|
- A table runner over your black cloth (Asian style material) or:
- Red for Chinese theme
- Purple for Thai
- Batik for Indonesian
- Yellow/orange for Indian
- Ivory or bamboo for Japanese
- Asian teapot and sake style cups
- Asian style lantern
- Origami paper or objects
- Fake oriental flowers
- Asian mask or small statue (dragon etc)
*Tip! Always keep props to a minimum. A heavily propped display can look messy and is confusing for the customer. You simply want to draw attention to your produce display, differentiate your themes and add interest.
Use the recipes from the monthly promotion. You can also promote Asian style recipes from the MicroSteamer Cook Book for your parties. An example of an Asian Occasion Progressive Dinner Party for June:
Coconut & Coriander Chicken
Chilli Snapper Fillets
Easy Fried Rice
Broccoli with Oyster Sauce
Coconut Crème Caramel
Green tea and fortune cookies
You may wish to use one of the June Design-A-Demo activities in this issue to inject some fun and further compliment your Asian theme. Any of the Modular Mates activities from previous issues of Insight would also be suitable.
- Rice is a staple food in most Asian cuisines. Depending on how much rice a family consumes, we have the Modular Mate for everyone’s needs. People tend to stock more than one type of rice these days and may need several sizes.
- Show how easy it is to cook the perfect rice either for one, a couple or a family in the Rice Cooker.
- Fresh veggies and herbs form the basis of most Asian dishes including wontons, stir fries and curries. Keep vegetables fresh in FridgeSmart.
- Grow your own herbs in the Fresh Herbs Planter. Herbs can be rinsed and spun dry in the Quick Chef II using the basket.
- The MicroSteamer will delight lovers of Asian cuisine with its ability to maintain the freshness, colour and nutrients of all the wonderful Asian veggies.
- Keep fragrant spices fresh by storing in the Spice Sets.
- Clear Mates are ideal for storing strong flavoured and coloured pastes as they don’t stain or absorb odours.
- Promote the Soy Scape set and Season Serves for perfect marinating.
- Always recommend customers rinse products in cold soapy water if they have been used with highly coloured or flavoured ingredients.
Have fun creating eye-catching theme displays and telling ‘stories’ with your Asian Occasion demonstrations. This will add fun, mystery and excitement to your business, something you, your Hosts and customers are sure to enjoy.