Effective 20 December 2016
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to carry out our business functions. These include:
- providing you with our products and information about our products;
- delivering our customer programs, including:
- Tupperware parties;
- our newsletters; and
- our rewards programs;
- conducting our sales and marketing activities through channels such as:
- Tupperware kiosks;
- competitions; and
- assisting our sales consultants with:
- hosting Tupperware parties;
- managing sales and customer interactions; and
- inviting guests and managing RSVPs for Tupperware parties;
- conducting our general business operations, including to:
- manage our sales consultants and those interested in becoming sales consultants;
- investigate and resolve any complaints or issues which you have with our products or services; and
- respond to your enquiries received via our website, our customer care call centre or our sales consultants; and
- complying with laws.
We mainly collect personal information about you when you give it to us for one of the above functions or activities by:
- ordering one of our products;
- engaging with us via our online platform;
- filling out a form and submitting it to us via mail, online or through one of our consultants;
- calling our customer care telephone line;
- signing up for one of our email newsletters, recipe clubs, contests, surveys or other events; or
- joining, or applying to join, as one of our consultants.
What you give us
We typically collect information which you give to us or permit us to access, including information such as your:
- billing and shipping address;
- email address;
- telephone numbers;
- credit card information; and
- purchase information, including date, amount and product(s).
We also collect information about you from your indirect interactions with us, including through our third party service providers and automatically through cookies on our webpages, including information about:
- your computer, mobile phone, tablet, console or other device identifier;
- your system and browser type;
- the webpages you visited;
- your use of our websites; and
- other cookie information.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can disable cookies on your computer or have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie by indicating this in the preferences or options menu in your browser.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for our business functions (as listed above) and for the following purposes:
- to register your interest in Tupperware parties or products;
- to complete your orders to purchase our products and process your transactions;
- to manage invitations and RSVPs to Tupperware parties;
- to register your interest in becoming a consultant, including by:
- providing you with information about Tupperware business opportunities and becoming a Tupperware sales consultant; and
- forwarding your contact details to one of our local directors so that they can contact you about such an opportunity;
- where you consent to us doing so, to send you newsletters and other promotional materials;
- to measure and improve our products and services.
- to improve our products and services (including our websites and catalogues);
- to measure the volume of orders;
- to measure traffic and use of our website; or
- for general business purposes (such as forecasting production).
We share your personal information with our service providers and sales consultants in order to provide you with our goods and services.
These service providers assist us with activities including:
- data management;
- transaction processing;
- marketing; and
- email distribution;
How we hold your personal information
We keep both hardcopy and electronic records, which are stored on Tupperware Australia and Tupperware NZ's premises, in our cloud servers located in Germany or in the cloud servers of our service providers.
How we protect your personal information
We use a variety of security measures to protect your personal information, including encryption and authentication tools.
We cannot, however, guarantee the security or confidentiality of the information which you provide to us, including while it is being transmitted. You are responsible for ensuring that your passwords and account information remain secure.
Protecting the privacy of children
We do not knowingly collect or ask for personal information from or about children.
Your rights and choices in relation to personal information
You have the right to request access to personal information we hold about you and to request its correction by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact details listed at the bottom of this page. To better protect the security and integrity of your information we also verify identity by requesting your full name, address, and email address before granting access or making corrections to your information.
How to opt out of our marketing communications
To unsubscribe and stop receiving our newsletters, emails or other marketing communications, please change your settings or follow the instructions in that communication to unsubscribe from the Tupperware Australia and/or Tupperware NZ contact list.
How you can complain
If you wish to complain about how Tupperware Australia or Tupperware NZ has handled your personal information (including if you think there has been a breach of an Australian or New Zealand Privacy Principle), you can contact us using the contact details for our Privacy Officer provided at the bottom of this page.
When you contact us with your complaint, please include:
- Your name;
- Address and/or email address;
- The nature of your complaint; and
- Any other information which will assist us in resolving your complaint.
Third party websites
Third party websites and services accessible through www.tupperware.com.au have separate privacy and data collection practices for which we do not assume any responsibility or liability.
- our customer care line on 1800 805 396 (Australia) or 0800 800 818 (New Zealand);
- our postal address in Australia:
21 Brenock Park Drive
Ferntree Gully VIC 3156 Australia;
- our postal address in New Zealand:
Dart Industries (New Zealand) Limited, trading as Tupperware New Zealand
24 Lorien Place
Auckland, 2013, New Zealand; or
- our privacy email address for customer care: privacyAUSNZ@tupperware.com